|Employer:||Reading Oral Surgery Group, LTD|
Reading - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Benefits:||Competitive salary and benefits package, which includes paid time off and paid holidays, medical, Rx, 401k and uniform allowance|
Reading Oral Surgery, Group, Ltd. has an immediate opening for a full time Assistant. Our growing and thriving practice offers an extensive range of services to address your Oral Surgery needs including the removal of Wisdom Teeth, Extractions and Exposure of Impacted teeth for Orthodontic Treatment, Dental Implants, and assessment and treatment of Oral Pathology.
Job with primary responsibility to perform administrative and clinical duties in medical practice under the direction of a physician or nurse. Job is primarily located in the Shillington office, but may need to work in other locations as needed.
Job is considered full time; however candidate understands hours each week may vary from 32-40+, as determined by schedule and patient/doctor needs. Typical days start at 7:30 a.m., depending on the day's schedule. The workday typically ends between 4:00-5:00pm. Normal workweek is 4 days, however, if there are emergencies or extra consults, there may be opportunities to work a 5th day. Candidates understand that they will not have the same day off each week.
- Assist doctor and nurse with surgeries, working as a team.
- Provide basic patient care, including measure patient vital signs and taking blood pressure reading.
- Assists with consults and post-op appointments with doctor and patients.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations and surgeries.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physician instructions to patients and representatives.
- Medical office equipment functions, which include sterilizing instruments, inventory and restocking supplies, making supplies, and cleaning rooms.
- Perform radiographs on patients.
- Proficiency in keyboarding, with the ability to enter notes efficiently and accurately in EMR.
- High School diploma required; Associates degree, or related vocational school certification preferred
- X-Ray Certification is required.
- Prior experience preferred, but will train on-the-job
- Knowledge of current medical technology in order to communicate with physicians, staff and patients
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software programs and excellent PC knowledge to work with proprietary systems (EMR)
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people, both on a one-on-one basis and in meetings
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill or emotionally upset people
- Ability to anticipate and react calmly to emergency situations
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills with ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong typing and keyboarding skills