|Employer:||Reading Oral Surgery Group, LTD|
Reading - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Benefits:||Competitive salary and benefits package, which includes paid time off and paid holidays, medical, Rx, 401k and uniform allowance|
Reading Oral Surgery, Group, Ltd. has an immediate opening for a full time Front Desk Assistant. Our growing and thriving practice offers an extensive range of services to address your Oral Surgery needs including the removal of Wisdom Teeth, Extractions and Exposure of Impacted teeth for Orthodontic Treatment, Dental Implants, and assessment and treatment of Oral Pathology.
Job with primary responsibility to perform administrative duties in medical/surgical practice. Job is primarily located in the Shillington office, but may need to work in other locations as needed.
Job is considered full time; however candidate understands hours each week may vary from 32-40+, as determined by schedule and patient/doctor needs. Typical days may start at 7:30 a.m., depending on the day's schedule. The workday typically ends between 4:00-5:00pm. Normal workweek is 4 days, however, if there are emergencies or extra consults, there may be opportunities to work a 5th day. Candidates understand that they may not have the same day off each week.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff or take messages from patients or doctor’s offices.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Register patients information into their electronic medical record (EMR), obtained by the paperwork patient has completed.
- Ability to enter/calculate daily charges to be posted to the patient electronic record and apply patient payments accordingly.
- Create treatment plans based on insurance coverage to discuss with patient/responsible party.
- Obtain knowledge/understanding of fees for procedures to give verbal estimates based on their insurance coverage to patient/responsible party.
- Print computer generated patient appointment schedules as needed.
- Entry/chart to patient electronic medical record (EMR), any notes, conversations, phone calls concerning patient, including transferring/copying of physical x-rays.
- Complete proper laboratory paperwork for biopsy specimens based on the laboratory requirements specified by doctor.
- Receive and route messages or documentation, such as lab results, to appropriate staff.
- Proficiency in keyboarding, with the ability to enter notes efficiently and accurately in EMR.
- Understand the need to work as a team member.
- High School diploma required; Associates degree, or related vocational school certification preferred
- Prior experience preferred, but will train on-the-job
- Experience with Insurance Processing is required
- Knowledge of current medical technology in order to communicate with physicians, staff and patients
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software programs and excellent PC knowledge to work with proprietary systems (EMR)
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people, both on a one-on-one basis and in meetings
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill or emotionally upset people
- Ability to anticipate and react calmly to emergency situations
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills with ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong typing and keyboarding skills