|Employer:||Suburban Testing Labs|
Reading - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||Health Insurance, Vacation and Holiday Pay, Simple IRA with 3% Match|
Suburban Testing Labs is a growing Accredited Environmental Laboratory specializing in Drinking Water, Wastewater and Solids analysis. Founded in 1963, we are family owned and operated and commit to providing defensible data at a competitive price with first class customer service. We have a great team, and love the work we do!
Position: Inorganics Laboratory Analyst
Department: Laboratory/Inorganics Department
Reports To: Laboratory Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Laboratory Analyst in the Inorganics Department will generate analytical data supporting environmental compliance and decision making. Analyses are performed following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) based on EPA approved analytical methods using a variety of analytical techniques, equipment and instrumentation. Analysts use the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to identify samples to be analyzed, generate analytical data and enter the data into the LIMS.
Analysts are challenged to continuously improve their skills and take on new responsibilities to progress through five Analyst levels. Laboratory schedules are driven by sample holding times and client due dates and require flexibility, communication and teamwork.
This is a second shift position and is eligible for a shift differential.
- Demonstrate commitment to STLs Mission Statement, Core Values and Operating Principles
- Demonstrate and promote good general lab practices including personal safety
- Workflow Management
- Query LIMS to create batches of samples for assigned analyses
- Complete routine preparation and analysis in accordance with SOPs
- Plan activities in an efficient manner that meets hold times and due dates
- Coordinate with team members to ensure all deadlines are met in an efficient manner
- Complete all required documentation
- Assess Quality Control and determine if results are valid for reporting
- Enter results into LIMS in a timely manner and deliver data for peer review
- Enter supporting documentation and Quality Control into LIMS
- Utilize available technology and reference materials to make decisions
- Perform basic maintenance on laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Perform routine quality assurance checks on laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Investigate and resolve simple issues with analytical systems
- Continuously improve processes to maximize quality, turnaround time and minimize costs.
- Actively work with team members and management to achieve STLs goals
- Maintain clean and organized workspace and return shared workspaces to appropriate condition
- Maintain inventory of supplies relevant to assigned analyses
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Laboratory Systems, Equipment, Instrumentation and technology
- Laboratory capabilities and capacity
- Basic regulatory programs and client specific needs relative to assigned analyses
- Laboratory accreditation and Quality Assurance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry or Environmental Science or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) and other windows software
- Ability to work outside of scheduled hours as required to meet client / workload needs
- Ability to plan activities in an efficient manner, multi task and support others
- Enjoys working in a team environment, but can also function independently
- A willingness to learn new things
- Have strong interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality and a good sense of humor
- Hard working, tenacious, and demonstrate excitement and enthusiasm around exceeding goals and delivering great customer service
Suburban Testing Labs is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA/Veterans employer committed to excellence through diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.