|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
Shillington - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
BSGI is locally-owned industry leader in fire and security integration. We are seeking an experienced Fire Technician to perform programming and commissioning of new commercial systems, troubleshoot/repair/inspect existing systems in our local service areas based from our headquarters in Reading. We offer an excellent benefits package and a salary commensurate with experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel to customer sites to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and/or perform preventative maintenance on customer's fire alarm systems.
- Able to present information in one-on-one and small group of customers, end users, and employees.
- Complete timely reporting of all activities including service reports, expense reports, quality alerts, and maintenance reports.
- Generates service sales and product leads.
- Follow all company policies including, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and manufacturer NFPA guildelines.
- Completes NICET certification within 2 years of hire.
- Must be 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle, hold a current driver's license with minimal traffic violations.
- Required to successfully complete Child Abuse clearance, criminal background check, FBI clearance, MVR
- 1-2 years' experience with Siemens, Silent Knight, VESDA, Simplex, Notifier systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years' experience as a field service technician
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office Suite, Google, operating a computer, tablet and smartphone
- Able to work flexible hours and respond to after-hour service calls when required as part of an on-call rotation.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics preferred
- Basic electrical/electronic/relay logic experience preferred