|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
Shillington - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
BSGI is a locally-owned industry leader in fire and security integration. We are seeking an experienced Security Technician to respond to security system trouble calls primarily consisting of intrusion, building access and video surveillance systems, troubleshoot & repair hardware and software for such systems in our local service areas, based from our headquarters in Reading. We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel to customer sites to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and / or perform preventative maintenance on customer's security systems. Manufacturers include but are not limited to: Open Options, Lenel/UTC, DMP, Napco, Continental, AMAG, Panasonic, Bosch, Salient, Hikvision, Flir, Genetec, Video Insight, etc.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and manufacturer and NFPA guidelines.
- Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, end users and other employees of the organization as required.
- Is directly responsible for company assets, including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools, computer, smartphone and test equipment.
- Provides the highest quality of service possible in order to assure customer satisfaction and achieve “world-class service”.
- Completes timely reporting of all activities including service reports, expense reports, quality alerts and maintenance reports to the company.
- Generates service sales and product leads.
- In person attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; with industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and modern computer use.
- Able to operate a smartphone.
- Basic mechanical aptitude, with ability to read/utilize a multi-meter, and use basic industry technician tools.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- 1-2 years of previous customer service experience in field support.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and operating manuals and write documents such as customer correspondences, memos and reports. Fluent English speaking and writing.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after-hour service calls when required as part of an on-call rotation. Able to make decisions to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics or equivalent basic electrical/electronic/relay logic experience.
- The use of electronic test equipment and reading schematics.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.