|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
Reading - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
BSGI is a locally-owned industry leader in the fire & security integration industry. We are seeking experienced Security Technicians, Inspectors, and Fire Alarm Technicians to perform service calls and conduct inspections in the Central & Eastern PA service area. We offer an excellent benefit package and competitive salary commensurate with experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-2 years' experience travelling to customer sites to instal, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on the customer's security or fire alarm system.
- 1-2 years' experience & familiarity with low-voltage systems.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner to customer and provide highest quality service.
- Generate service sales and product leads.
- (Security knowledge): 1-2 years' familiarity with CCTV, card access, cameras
- (Fire knowledge): familiarity with Siemens, Silent Knight, VESDA, Simplex
- (Inspector knowledge): 1-2 years' experience in visually inspecting & testing video and access control systems.
- In-person attendance is required.
- High school diploma or GED and 2 years' industry experience
- 2 years' work experience with electrical/electronic/relay logic
- Intermediate level experience with MS Office, Google Mail, Internet, and smartphone
- Basic mechanical aptitude, read/utilize a multi-meter, read engineering drawings, and experience in using hand or power tools
- Able to work flexible hours and respond to after-hour service calls when required as part of an on-call rotation for Security Technician
- Must possess a valid driver's license, safe driving record with minimal traffic violations
- Associate's degree in Applied Engineering (Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical)
- Experience with Sedona software system