|Employer:||Utilities Employees Credit Union|
Wyomissing - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance, Generous PTO, Seven Paid Holidays|
Utilities Employees Credit Union (UECU) is seeking an Asset Recovery Representative who will handle the daily administrative tasks to assure efficient collection of delinquent accounts. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
We are seeking candidates who can:
- Prepare incoming checks to be credited towards delinquent loan balances, including trustee checks due to bankruptcy.
- Assist with the claims process (Loan Payment Protection) from start to finish for all members in order to achieve an orderly transition of payments from current mode to Loan Payment Protection insurance and back, when required.
- Contact delinquent borrowers via all means of communication to collect on loans and credit cards according to internal standardized procedures.
- Process payment reversals (ACH, Check, or Transfer) and edit loan as appropriate and contact member if alternate payment arrangements are needed.
- Assist in the recovery process by continuing to work with members once accounts are charged off in establishing payment arrangements.
- Display a professional manner at all times while communicating with members about their account and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Maintain paperwork for all delinquent loan files in an orderly and concise manner.
- Assist with the bankruptcy process to ensure that the credit union’s risk is minimized in all bankruptcy proceedings to include: contacting bankruptcy attorney and bankruptcy court, completing proof of claims and reaffirmation agreements, and preparing disbursements of trustee checks and documenting the system to properly communicate the date, type and current status of each bankruptcy.
- High School Graduate
- Advanced training in credit and collections is a plus
- Minimum of one year in a loan collection department in a financial institution is preferred
UECU is a not-for-profit financial organization with over $1 billion in assets located in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. UECU has been ranked as one of the strongest credit unions in the nation for over two decades. Our mission is to help our members improve their financial wellness through superior individualized service and convenient, high quality products.
We offer a pleasant working environment that promotes teamwork and individual growth, with a focus on our members, employees and community. Employees also enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Utilities Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.